My Experience as a Developer Student Clubs (DSC) Core Team Member

My Experience as a Developer Student Clubs (DSC) Core Team Member
 Becoming part of the core team, Developer Student Club (DSC) Akwa Ibom State University, AKSU   has been a great opportunity to meet other students, share ideas and help people solving their programming task/problems.
Back then in 2016 when I got admitted into Akwa Ibom State University, our departmental student executives always had this dream of creating a programming club to help the students improve their abilities when it comes to tech. But each government in and out couldn’t achieved this dream until 2019 when One day, my colleague Jeffrey called me “Jack I want to see you, there is something I want to share with you”. Next day I met him, he disclosed to me that he had applied for as a DSC lead and that the application had been approved. “Jack I will like you to be part of the Core Team member” he said, also try mobilize others that are good let have a discussion. It was an exciting moment for me, I said to myself, finally, dream comes true. After our first official meeting with other core team members he picked as part of the team our journey started.  
Our first gathering “info session” was a great success story as every student who came felt so excited about the program. Then subsequent meet-ups were always successful. It was an opportunity to share knowledge and help others discover themselves.

DSC AKSU and Other Communities/Clubs
Being part of the DSC Core team was also an opportunity for me to engage myself in other communities like GDGEket, HackClub, etc. It was equally an opportunity for the students as well to engage themselves in other communities like the GDGEket since that is the closest Developer’s communities in the area. We have attended several GDGEket events and it a great moment for meeting senior developers and people. An opportunity for connection.

Networking with other Community Lead/Developers
It was an amazing thing connecting with other community lead/senior developers. We help each other achieve goals, motivate one another and keep up the momentum.

Discovery of Self
Helping others solve their problem was equally an opportunity for me to learn and acquire more skills as well. Being a core team triggered me to keep doing more research and enjoyed every bit of it.

Conclusion
To conclude this I will say that in this journey I have learned a lot and achieved a lot of things. In summary I will say;
  • It doesn’t matter which college you are or which ecosystem/community you are, it all about your determination, if you are determined to accomplish something you will surely achieve it.
  • To improve others, you must first improve yourself by growing yourself which will help others to join and develop the new ecosystem.
I am always ready and available to help students/newbies in tech journey.

Post a Comment

0 Comments